The programme aims to provide students with in-depth and advanced knowledge within their specific areas of Business Management Studies. It also aims to inculcate in them a systematic, rigorous and ethical approach in conducting research in specialized areas, thereby contributing new insights to the body of knowledge and managerial practices.
- Programme Objectives
- 1. To equip graduates with in-depth and advanced knowledge, by research work, within the area of business management
- 2. To enhance communications skills through presentation and publications
- 3. To perform research independently and collaboratively in a systematic, rigorous and ethical manner
Duration of Study
- Full Time:
Minimum: 3 years
Maximum: 6 years
Minimum: 4 years
Maximum: 8 years
Details of Programme
- 1. Doctoral Thesis (Core Major)
- 2. Research Methodology (Compulsory)
- 3. Seminars (Compulsory)
- 4. Business-related modules
- Click to view the Programme Structure.
- Entry Requirements
- 1. Applicants for the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme must possess:
(a) Master’s degree (Level 7 MQF) in a business or related field accepted by the University Senate; OR
(b) Other qualifications equivalent to a Master’s degree (Level 7 MQF) as accepted by University Senate.
- 2. Candidates currently pursuing the Master’s programme by research in the University and who are recommended by the Postgraduate Committee to upgrade their status to a Doctoral programme can also be considered, subject to the University Senate’s approval.
- Fulfil English Language Requirements (for International Students only)
– There shall be no direct entry from the Bachelor’s degree level to Doctoral degree level.
– Candidates with Bachelor’s degree qualification, registered for Master’s degree by Research programmes may apply to convert their candidacy to Doctoral degree programmes.
– Application of conversion must be done within one (1) year after the candidate has registered for Master’s degree programmes.
– Candidates registered for Master’s degree programmes with at least CGPA 3.67 at Bachelor’s degree level may apply to convert their candidacy to the doctoral degree programmes subject to:
(i) Having shown competency and capability in conducting research at Doctoral degree level,
(ii) Approval by the University Senate.